Am I the only one at a complete loss by the bodybuilders that swear by Chipotle meals every day? Personally, every time we go to Chipotle, I have to prepare myself for gaining at least two pounds, having a food hangover, and feeling instant regret. Plus, all that sodium. Woof.
I lived next to Chipotle all next year and gained about ten pounds eating it every night. In an effort to curb my craving for burrito bowls, I came up with a “diet” burrito bowl recipe. Years later, I still use it. As an added bonus, it’s a great go-to for weekly meal prep. Mostly because it is probably the most half-assed recipe of all time.
1 Bag Tri-Color Quinoa
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Can of Black Olives
1 oz. Cilantro Leaves
2 Peppers, Red & Green
1 oz. Taco Bell Taco Seasoning
1 bag of Organic Valley Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Scoop of light sour cream and/or Guacamole
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the back
- Once it’s done, drop it into a large container with the black beans and black olives
- Dice the peppers and chop cilantro leaves
- Drop peppers, cilantro leaves, and seasoning into bowl
- Mix all aforementioned ingredients
- When you’re ready to eat, scoop out your portion and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds
- Once it’s hot, add sharp cheddar cheese and toppings of your choice
And now, you’re officially a burrito expert. And probably contributing to Chipotle’s plummeting stock. Enjoy!